Full course description
School Gardening for SC Educators is a six-week online program from Clemson Cooperative Extension Horticulture and 4-H Youth Development agents. The goal of this course is to help educators, parents, administrators, and other caring adults learn to garden successfully with students. This is a fully online course that includes learning activities and assignments such as videos, readings, quizzes, and online discussions.
Participating educators will learn the basic horticulture skills necessary to start and maintain a school garden. Each registrant will receive special grade level-based lessons and virtual workshop supplies. Licensed educators receive twenty (20) renewal credits from the South Carolina Department of Education. Once complete, participants are issued an interactive digital badge from Clemson Online.
Registration for this course includes the following:
· access to the online classroom,
· The Seasonal Planting Guide for South Carolina School and Community Gardens,
· The Garden STEM Curriculum for Your Garden Classroom (K-8),
· and virtual workshop supplies including grade-level specific lessons and materials.
By the end of the course, participating educators will be able to...
· Develop a school garden plan through techniques like site analysis and seasonal planting
· Identify necessary conditions to grow healthy, safe, and nutritious vegetables year-round
· Discuss resources and techniques to integrate gardening in a school curriculum or youth program
· If you need assistance registering for this course, please contact Clemson Online at email@example.com.
· Our support email is monitored Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30. If you contact us in the evening or on the weekend, we will help you during the next business day.